Wednesday, June 15

Dads.

Dads.
You ever think about 'em?
How wonderful they are?
How much they influence the lives of their little babes?
I happen to be lucky enough to have a great dad. And step-dad. And father-in-law. And husband {who will be a great dad someday years down the road.}
This week I am especially grateful for that dad of mine who taught me practically half of everything I know.
(Other half comes from madre, of course.)
I think I'll just go ahead and tell you a few of the things
I love most about my ol' man
(as my brothers so lovingly refer to him).

He taught me when to be tough. And when to be kind.
He taught me about hard work and about having pride in America.
He taught me that a late-night rootbeer float can fix
practically any kind of bad day.
He taught me that it is more important to be honest than to get ahead.
He taught me that you don't have to demand respect, you can just live your life in a way that people will want to respect you.
He taught me that it is important to not judge or compare ourselves to others.

(Picture below is example of when to be tough. Tears rolling down my face while he drags me around the lake. My little buns nowhere near out of the water. by golly, his daughter was gonna learn to ski.)

He taught me that a father's love is really unlike any other kind of love.



And even though his little girl is all grown up, he still sometimes reminds me of the phrase he used when I told him I was getting married...


"I'm happy if you're happy."
Gotta love them dads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!