Wednesday, August 17

well aren't I just some kinda Betty Crocker

Hope everyone picked up on the sarcasm there. That's about as funny as I'm feelin' today.
I have finally found something to occupy the ridiculous amount of free time I have these days. 
I went on a little jog around the block today and my new sis-in-law happened to drive by and honk at me. {As much as I would like to claim that jogging is my newfound passion, it is not.} So I ran my little buns right over to her house and saw that she was cooking in the crock-pot! A woman after my own heart, she is. And then we held a little conversation where we expressed our concerns {and horrors} of crock pot cooking. We were surprised to find out that we both share the same fear. We're not quite sure why that little ceramic beauty frightens us so, but it does. Every time I concoct a mixture in it, I have to frantically call my mother, list off all the strange ingredients I added on a whim, and ask if it will be good. I must sound like a lost little cooking soul when I do that, but I just can't help it. Sometimes I can kind of hear her laughing through the phone, on account of she is one of the world's greatest cooks and her daughter inherited none of it.
Anyway.
Tyboy is eatin' good this week. {Well, today he is.} I made pork and potatoes in the crock pot, pasta salad, and oatmeal raisin cookies. All from scratch. Except the pasta salad, that came from a box. But the rest was from scratch.
And it's quite possible that we won't be enjoying our dinner until midnight because that's what happens when you pull out the crock pot at 5 in the pm.
Anyone like to join us?
Yeah. Didn't think so.

1 comment:

  1. those cookies look delish! and as for running, the longer you keep it up the more you'll love it. it really can be a developed "passion". i'm training for my second marathon, (i guess that means i am passionate about it) and there are still mornings where it doesn't sound fun. it's worth it though!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!