Thursday, February 24

Wednesday. Take it or Leave it.

I have an official Love/Hate relationship with Wednesdays. Why? This is why.
Hate them because:
1. Tyler leaves his poor wife at home and strolls out the door to socialize and have fun with his friends and watch ridiculous Youtube videos and have dinner brought to him.
(Ok, actually, he goes to work...but still.)
2. Work seems just a little bit longer than usual...my clock breaks at like two and it takes twice as long for a minute to go by.
3. It's not quite Thursday, so it's a little early to be getting all hyped up about the weekend.
4. Wednesday is usually Plasma Donation day. Sure, stick a needle in my arm and take my fluids. I don't need 'em. I'll even give ya a deal...$20.
(Don't judge, people...we have to pay the rent, ok?)
5. Wal-Mart is busier on Wednesdays, I swear. And it just so happens that I always need something from the lovely Wally World on Wednesdays. (Maybe it's a W thing?)

Anyway, I also love Wednesdays. Why? This is why.
1. I am a very productive wife on Wednesdays. I make money, I shop, I clean, and I try real hard to stay awake until the husband gets home at 11:45.
2. They are only two days away from Friday, which happens to be my favorite day of the week.
3. I get to take a nice hot bath and read my Kindle without listening to ESPN in the background.
4. Wednesday was pay day! This is not always the Wednesday case, but it was yesterday. Plus, I am running out of reasons why I love Wednesdays.
5. And the grand finale of Wednesdays...drumroll please....
I find amazingly cheap bad boys like this....At the D.I. $4. Can you believe it? I can't either.

Ok, so it may not be as valuable to you as it is to me...but hey, it kept me occupied. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was coming home with me. I played out a scenario in my head where I took this ugly little thing home and sanded it, and painted it, and begged it took look nice...and then {!!!} Ty would come home, get a glass of water, come into the bedroom (where I would be pretending to sleep) and his mouth would gape open in astonishment that he had a snazzy little bedside table to set his water on. Ahhhh...I had to have it! So I bought it.
And I sanded it...

And I painted some cream on the corners, so I could paint brown over and sand it off. Know what I mean?
Like that old/vintage/modern look? Yeah.

Then, I painted it "Burnt Umber" brown. I know... gross, huh? Actually it's not. It's kind of an awesome color. I sanded it too...
And it was looking rather classy, if I do say so myself. I quickly replayed the water glass scenario in my head and was overcome with panic. I forgot to buy a finish! And it was 9 o'clock. Good thing Porter's puts people in these situations by closing at 7, huh? (Really, Porter's is the closest thing to heaven on this green earth, I was just a little frustrated.) I couldn't let Tyler come into the room and set his water down and leave a ring on top of this beauty! And unfortunately we don't have any coasters.
So, what do I do?
I allow my impatience to take over and I ModgePodge it. Just the top. Memo for later: Don't do that.
It doesn't dry evenly and stays kind of sticky and gross. Only ModgePodge (yes, that is a verb) things together and then on top of those things. I don't think that makes sense, but whatev.
Anyway...I know you are all dying to see the table in our bedroom. But you are gonna haveta wait! Ha! That is because I am making something else for our room too and I want to show you all at once. Mmmm...k?
Happy Thursday Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job on the table, Chynna!! Isn't it fun??!! That's how I got started in my shop!! :)
    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a doctor but...I think you have Bi-polar Wednesday. I too suffer from this. It is apparently genetic.
    -Bridget

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!