Thursday, March 17

A&A-Round 2

Dontcha just love Awkward and Awesome Thursday? If you do, you can check other people's out by clicking here.

Awkward
-Skype conversations where you can only hear every 8th word of the other end. "....Virginia...eh...fishing....December..." Smile and nod, I say.
-Sewing patterns. Ridiculously thin paper+a thousand tiny lines+ten languages+size charts that make you feel like you might as well order another milkshake=a discouraged sewer.
-Registering for classes at 5:30am.
Who even thought of this system anyway? Seriously.
-Physicals at the Plasma Center. The "doctors" there are like fifteen. Eeeeee.
-Crosswalks. Sometimes walking across a crosswalk is like when you come upon someone in a hallway and they go left at the same time you go left. Then you both go right. Then left again. Don't ya just love when you wave for a car to go ahead at the same time they wave for you to cross. Then, you both obey and start crossing/driving. Then stop. Then go. Then you let the car go cuz they would surely win in this little situation. Awkward.
Awesome
-Gmail Chat. Couldn't make it through the week without this little puppy. The highlight of my day is when the box pops up and says, "new message from...Rebekah." Ahhh gotta love keepin' in touch.
-Ty's Mom. And her being born on this day some years ago. (Is that reason enough for us to eat cake in Idaho when she is in Missouri? I think yes.) Happy Birthday Jody!
-Diet Dr. Pepper.
-Watching probably a hundred fish fight over one little bread crumb at Warm River. It's kind of sad 'cause it seems like they are starving, but they are all pretty fat so I think they are doing fine.
-My optimistic and patient husband.
Does anyone mind if I just brag him up for a sec?
k. Guess what happened last night? Oh, you'll never guess...I will just tell you.
Ty works late on Wednesdays and since his car doesn't have headlights, I take him dinner and then we trade cars. (Can you see where this is going yet?) Anyway, last night I was going to trade cars but I was so busy talking on the phone that I got all the way home before I remembered! So I went back and traded one maroon beaut for another. I drove Tyler's car home, and thinking I would be a nice wife I parked way out in the boonies so he could have the covered stall when he comes home at 11:30. Except as I am sitting on the couch waiting for him it is like 11:45. Figuring he was just chatting with some coworkers, I sat patiently and watched a ridiculously romantic old movie on TCM. Then, I hear him come bounding up the stairs and when he bursts through the door he says between huffy breaths:
"Where....is....your...phone?"
"Uhhh....right here." Oh. Much to my surprise, I have 5 missed calls and a new voicemail. Looky there! (In my defense, my phone was on silent.) He gives me that good-thing-I-love-you-cuz-I-am-kinda-irritated-at-you-right-now-look and I cringe.
"Your car was locked. And the keys are in it."
I gasp. "How did you get home?!"
"I walked. Well...ran. Sort of. It's really cold out there."
Let me tell you people...windy Rexburg nights are coooolldd. And we only live about oh, a mile and a half from campus. Just a nice leisurely jog in the middle of the night, ya know?
No.
I felt like dirt. I hurried and made him some hot chocolate and held his head as he felt like he was going to faint. (You know how when you run a long way and get sweaty when it is freezing outside you feel funny?) Thinking about how mad I would be if this situation were turned around, I was surprised at Ty for keeping his cool. Then again, not really. He is the calmest fellow you would ever meet I tell ya. I apologized almost a thousand times, and you want to know what my awesome husband kept saying to me in his sweetest and sincerest voice?
"It's ok, honey. Really. It's not your fault. I love you so much."
For real? Someone pinch me. There is no way I deserve this gentleman.

Let's hear your awkward&awesomes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!