Wednesday, March 16

Doing Our Part


Ehhhh...anyone else still a little queezy from last Friday's footage of the earthquake/tsunami in Japan? I know I am. However, like most people, I felt awful for a moment, tried to imagine myself in their situation, then--I am ashamed to admit--I went on with my day like normal. It's hard to feel empathetic when life is so hectic and demanding. Please tell me I am not alone here...

However, the more I hear about this tragedy, the more I cannot stand to do nothing. That could be us. You know? Like our families, friends, neighbors, cars, homes, etc. I cannot imagine if I woke up tomorrow and the country that I love looked like this...
(All photos courtesy of Associated Press. 2011. For the full article, click here.)

Can you?

Whenever tragedy strikes a country, I always think to myself, "I should do something." That's about as far as it goes. But how 'bout everyone doesn't follow my example, and they actually DO something. Just think how quickly Japan could be back on their feet if everyone would help. Wouldn't that be awesome to know you were a part of that recovery? It's like being a little involved in a big part of history. No matter your reasoning...I am just encouraging everyone to do a little somthin'somthin' to help out our friends in Japan. You don't have to hop on a plane and go rebuild their homes...you could just donate like a buck or five to help out.

Anyway...that is enough of my little gathering people on the bandwagon for today. If you want to donate to this cause, there are tons of ways to do it. However, be careful who you send your money to! Sadly, there are lots of scummy people who really don't understand the need. If you are looking for a reliable place to donate some $$, click HERE for the Red Cross. Also, the LDS church is doing their part...if you want to donate to their humanitarian fund, click HERE. Both of them will get your money where it needs to go. Promise.

P.S. Cheri, at I Am Momma, Hear Me Roar, is giving a freakin' cute little sewing pattern to anyone who donates. If you are interested, check out her blog HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!