Thursday, March 10

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

Hi friends...this week we are going to play a little awkward and awesome Thursday. Sydney, over at the DayBook, does this each week. She has A LOT of awkwardness and awesomeness in her life. You should check her's out...she will have you rolling with laughter.

Awkward
-Getting a thrilled response after texting your mom to ask if you can borrow some of her gold jewelry from the 80's. She said she always knew this day would come.
-
Waiting not-so-patiently for the sixty-something year old ladies to wrap up their convo in the dairy isle at Wal-Mart and then hearing a nasally "Well, you know Lois... this really isn't the place to catch up (leaning closer to me as I walk around) with all these college kids taking over the store." Excuse me, I believe we keep this town in business. Just sayin.
-Thinking you know where you are going so you strut right past all these people and have a minor panic attack when you realize the hallway wasn't leading to where you thought it would. Then, you have to turn around and walk by again. Don't mind me, just gettin' some exercise!
-Walking into the bathroom at the same time as your English teacher. And then feeling strange when you hear a "Well...how's you day going?" over the stall.
-A coworker telling me how he didn't like me the first time we met...but now we're cool. How do you respond to that?
"Hmmm...ok. Thanks. I didn't like you either...?"

Awesome
-The very short 29 days remaining until Ty and I cut loose in the place where dreams come true. That's right...we are takin' a little spring vacay to DisneyLand.
-Seeing my boss (who is kind of a big deal around here) walk in and out of the office all day wearing no shoes..just socks. Now that's casual Friday if I have ever seen it.
-Getting a good parking spot even when I'm fifteen minutes late for work.
-Finding that cute dress in the closet you had forgotten about. It's like a nice little welcome to the day, "Good morning Chynna..remember me? I am still in style." Wear it, people.
-Thinking Ty probably had forgotten his lunch again when I receive a text only ten minutes after he left. Instead, I open my phone to read "I miss you already."

Now lets hear about your awkward and awesome lives!
We all have 'em!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!