Wednesday, March 9

Depends on How You Look at It

Blehhh...I hate when people tell me this!

Time for a little (or big) adjustment in la vida. (That means life. Ty, I hope you are beaming with pride at my Spanish right now.) I know I am not alone here in that sometimes my attitude needs adjusting.
And let me tell ya peeps, I am currently needing an adjustment.

The past six weeks of marital bliss have been exactly as they sound...bl
iss. Each day I accidentally discover a new reason why I love Ty. He is oh-so patient with me (my favorite characteristic about the man), he works his little buns off to get good grades, and not gonna lie...he is the best looking dish-doer I have ever seen.

Why then, has my attitude been less than enjoyable
?
Hm
mm...I think that depends largely on the way I look at things.
So, right now we are going to play another little game. (Stop making huffy breaths, I know you love games.) We are going to look at some smallish (insert name here) Hansen tragedies and spread some sunshine on them. You should do it, it will probably improve your attitude too.

1. Being Broke(ish).
It is quite
possible probable that I have a shopping habit. Also probable that withdrawal symptoms can be crazy hard to get rid of. However, when the bills start coming in, that ugly purple cardigan from the 10th grade looks wearable once again.



How might this be positive?
I don't really know. But I do know that spouses learn a lot about each other when their piggy banks are on E and their efforts are on F. Know what I mean?
That's when you live on love. And that is a happier life than living in fancy clothes. Promise.

2. Spending an entire weekend doing nothing.
And I do mean nothing.
This is partly because of number one, and partly because we were
both sick on Saturday. Needless to say, I could have probably been a nicer wife last weekend. Anyway...the pot of gold at the end of my dead-end weekend rainbow turned out to be the reassurance of Ty's love for me. He cooked, cleaned, and even took my poor little soul to the doc.How could a man in the kitchen possibly be a negative situation?
(ohhhh ok, it could be...but not this man.)

3. Not being able to sleep because the apartment is too hot, too cold, too stuffy...the bed is too hard, too soft, too annoying...my pillow hurts my neck, which hurts my back....the night is too long...my brain won't turn off.
Let me tell you a little secret--this girl needs her beauty sleep.
How can I spread some sunshine on this situation?By remembering that little beat my heart skips as he reaches for my hand just before falling asleep.

Pretty much in love with this quotation that sums up life:

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute.
-Gil Stern

I may just be working on my aviation skills in the near future.
You ready for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!