Thursday, May 5

I would like everyone to note that it is 7 am.

It is a sad thing when you arrive at your class forty five minutes early and you have to sit outside and look like one of those obnoxious diligent students who just can't wait to learn. Lemme just tell ya why this is happening today.
There is a little pattern occurring in the Hansen household.
You see, the husband is a major morning person. {Can you already see the problem here?} And the wife is not. He jumps right out of bed and sings from the SpaceJam soundtrack while in the shower, and then comes and tells me to "wakey wakey." {that's never been one of my favorites} Then he hums and whistles around the house until I am ready to go. Serious. There has never been a happier soul at such an awful hour.
Since his little car is currently having a mental health week, I have to take him to school.
And aren't we lucky--he has to be there at seven am.
All morning he is happy and lovey and I am grouchy and irritated. Isn't that awful of me? I feel bad about it, believe me I do. At about ten o'clock When my brain finally wakes up. I start to feel guilty for being grouchy and irritated so I send him a nice little text about it. And you know what? Every morning that makes up for it.
Isn't that sweet?
Tomorrow I am gonna get up before him and belt out some ABBA from the shower.
What is he gonna think of that?

3 comments:

  1. haha- i'm so with you on not being a morning person. i have to have a really good reason, or else i'm grumpy and silent. at least tyler is a sweetheart to you in spite of it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny. Adam and I were just having the same issue this morning. Within fifteen minutes of leaving him I felt horrible and sent an apology. What is it with boys being so happy in the morning?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell me you belted out ABBA! Nothing like a little 'Dancing Queen' to start off the morning.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!