Thursday, June 9

And we're makin' plans

Do you sometimes wish you were like 7 again? Think about it. Life was so easy then. Pretty sure the biggest decision I made during the day was whether or not to play hopscotch or ride my bike. And those dang 7-year-olds today take that stuff for granted.
Now the big decisions we are making are actually fairly monumental.
Like where to go for grad school.
{Yes, grad school. Pretty much freaks the heck out of us! }
Where to student teach next fall.
Depends on where we go to grad school.
Which depends on how rich we can get to pay for grad school.
Also depends on grades and test scores.
Also depends on how many credits we can take over the next three semesters without being committed to the insane asylum.

You see the kind of stuff that keeps us up at night? Big decisions.

BUT
{Sorry to get all mushy on you again}
I feel so grateful to have the opportunity to make these choices. I know not everyone does. I am so excited to see where this life is going to take us. It is such an exciting/terrifying feeling to not know exactly where you are headed...just that it is somewhere good. And since I am kind of a planner, these decisions are pretty fun to make. I feel pretty dang lucky to have that husband of mine to make these tough decisions with. We have been so incredibly blessed.

Kind of reminds me of that country song...
"Cause I'm not easy to understand,
But you know me like the back of your hand,
I'm your girl and you're my man....
And we're makin' plans."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!