Monday, June 6

Hi, we're the Hansens and we're visiting Idaho this summer...

Well, it is our favorite time of year again, thank goodness. At this time at last year Ty was suffering from sweaty palms and a severe fingernail chewing habit 'cause I was taking him home to meet my dad. Poor kid. We will always remember the summer 0f 2010 as the summer we spent falling in love. It was pretty dreamy, (like most love stories are) and, after taking him home with me, I knew I was going to spend my life with him. That sets the bar pretty high for this summer. So...what shall we do about that?

You see...there are about a thousand things this summer we would like to do, and we have a lot less than a thousand dollars to do them with. Is everybody with me? I thought so. Here is our challenge for summer 2011...you should probably join up on this bandwagon 'cause it is most definitely going to be amazing.

While we do not plan on purchasing fanny packs and khaki shorts and things to hold our glasses around our neck,
we do plan to be tourists in our own state
.
And I tell ya what, there is actually a lot to do here in little hometown USA. We are going to try new foods, new activities, and new places. (And then document on the blog, of course.) That way, we can get all filthy rich someday and know how to be professional tourists {preferably in Europe.}
You see how this all works out?
Here is documentation of touristy-type things in Rexburg, week 1.

1. Tennis Match. How on earth have I never played tennis before? I am ashamed of myself because I love this game right here.
And, by the way, I appreciate all of the friendly folks at Porter Park for throwing us our ball every time I hit it over the fence {which is nearly a mile high}.
2. A quick hike up R Mountain. And from the road, it doesn't look very big. We know. But we also know that it is big. And long. And steep. And good grief, a heavenly workout for your little buns.
And even though Rexburg is flat and dry and windy, it is sort of beautiful from this view. Wouldn't you agree?


3. Ok, maybe not very touristy, but I'll throw this in. We visited a new video rental store in town. I know, I know, who even knew those still existed? But yeah they do, and it was a blast from the past walking through isles and isles of movies trying to decide which ones to rent.

For the record, we vote that having a movie marathon and eating popcorn on your couch until one a.m. beats sweaty palms and meeting your future in-laws.
So far, summer '11 wins.

2 comments:

  1. hahah you are SO cute! you two are a cute couple! And that's a great idea! i just got married 2.5 weeks ago and we need fun [CHEAP] things to do with summer! thankS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...sometimes you just have to let out one of those! I love this and I absolutely cannot wait to be married and to do all of the sweet little married things! And video stores are soo legit! Thanks for the birthday wishes sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!