Thursday, August 11

enjoying it

I almost don't even know what to do with myself without stacks of books to read and papers to write and study guides to memorize. Here I sit. On the couch. At three in the afternoon. As much as I am grateful for the opportunity we have to get a college education and maintain great jobs, sometimes spending a few peaceful days at home can be most rewarding of all. Lately I have had such a negative attitude toward cooking, organizing, and exercising...all things I used to enjoy. However, I am starting to realize that having that "how in the world am I going to finish everything I need to" thought in the back of your head all the time can be kind of unhealthy after a while. It makes you hate things you used to like. And it gives you that perpetually tired feeling. 

This week has been different. I actually look forward to cooking dinner. I have exercised and felt much more energetic during the day. I have also kept the house nice and tidy. And what a difference it has made in our home. I commend mothers who do everything for everyone and still seem to have it all together. I cannot imagine raising babies on top of all this chaos. Guess that's why they call this life a balancing act. Who knew the scale was so easy to tip, though? Ya know? Looks like my mother was right when she reminded me during my last year at home that one person simply cannot do it all. I am slowly realizing that we can all just do a little. And do it well. And do it in a way that we enjoy it. I was glad to have come across this the other day. Kind of reminds you of the things that matter most. Surprisingly, those things are sometimes the easiest to forget. Know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!