Saturday, August 13

What we didn't know 365 days ago

One year ago today Ty asked me to marry him. I wasn't too surprised {don't worry, I acted like I was} when he kneeled to the ground and asked me to be his wife.
Here are some things we didn't know 365 days ago:
.
that my mom was right. we were just kids. still are.
that weekends are precious.
that fishing habits and crafting habits can actually coexist quite nicely.
that you really shouldn't open the oven 12 times in 10 minutes to see if the cookies are done.
that our college experience would be more beneficial if we were able to constantly share 
what we learn with one another.
that I look like I'm ready for halloween carnival when I get up in the morning. 
{well I knew that. Tyboy didn't.}
that it's ok to let yourself depend on someone all the way.
especially when they are your spouse.
that sometimes in the midst of complete bliss and joy, you still need to cry a little bit.
that you really can live on love when you don't have any money.
that marriage is sometimes really hard. but always worth it.
that you still need your parents.
that agreeing to a wedding is different than agreeing to a marriage.
that when that 'I love you' thought enters your mind, you should always say it out loud.
that the rings we wear on our left hands mean a whole lot more one year later.
that it is possible to wake up every morning and love another person just a little bit 
more than you did before.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!