Tuesday, August 30

time machine

The other night we traveled back in time.
We went to Oaxaca, Mexico...2006.
That's where Elder Hansen was roaming the streets, eating rice and beans, speaking fluent Spanish, and teaching people about our church.
And that's where I fell in love all over again.
Except, it wasn't really like that. 
Really, it was like we ate oatmeal cookies and milk in the dark and watched his old mission videos.
{And I posted just a short one here, and he probably won't like me for it.}
But I was thinking a lot about how we hadn't met yet.
And how we hadn't been on a date or kissed or held hands.
Or hadn't been engaged and married and happy.
As I was watching these videos I realized that we were kind of made for each other.
I can't quite explain it, but it was like falling in love again...
with a handsome young man from the past. 
Who is now my present, and my future.
And I wouldn't trade that juice-box smashing boy for all the tea in China.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!