Tuesday, September 6

over the weekend

Gosh, I know how much you are all dying to know what we did this weekend. Perish no more...here it is. Apropos, (one of about 4 vocab words I remember from h.s.) my last post, don't hold me to it just yet, k? This post is no spicier or lovelier than usual. My apologies.
On Friday we busted our buns and got outta town for labor day weekend. Because why wouldn't you use a holiday as an excuse to ride off into the sunset and spend money you don't have? I have to admit, Tyboy and I didn't even know what Labor Day was all about before. We were feeling kinda guilty about our empty little brains, so we looked it up.
Turns out, it's not just for bbqing and water skiing and movie marathons. 
Apparently, it is a day to celebrate the "economic and social contribuitions of workers." 
Good enough.
Where was I?
Oh, so we ate at my favorite Salmon restaurant (where I am glad I do no longer work),
waterskiied/wakeboarded in a lake that felt somewhat glacial
(surprisingly, when the air and the water are the same dang temperature, 
it makes getting in a whole lot easier)
 watched a lllooottt of movies
(that Dad of mine, he is quite the movie connoisseur)
ate (drank?) like 12 rootbeer floats.
Then we went to Olive Garden,
went to the mall,
went to the bodies exhibit,
went home and read our books.
And we felt really grateful for Labor Day.
The end.
P.S.
My new laptop is coming in the mail tomorrow.
Which means I may or may not give the mailman a big smack-a-roo right there on the cheek for delivering such treasures to my home. 
And you know, since you have to "get to know" your electronics before you use them for college, I will probably be posting lots of crappily edited photos as I explore my new Photoshop program. 
It's gonna be a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!