Friday, October 28

these are the things

Sad thing:
Last night our flag football team, Hammer Time, was devoured by the Chico Chavets. 
"Man you guys got spanked," as Ty liked put it. {with extra emphasis on that last word}
The score was like 30something to 0, but really who's counting?
We were just this close [ ] to the championships.

Stressful thing:
Midterms. 'Nuff said.

Weird thing:
House smells. Or apartment smells, rather. Just ask Ty...I came home literally green the other night after having to visit some people in our complex. Just one breath of that warm, stale, been cookin' for three days and never open a window, dirty laundry, college student kind of smell can make you dry heave. {Someone puhleeeze tell me if my house smell is bad. Really, if you care about your friends, you tell them stuff like that.}

Scary thing:
Getting closer to graduation. Sometimes I just want to throw a tantrum and pound my feet on the floor and say "but what if we're not ready to grow up yet?!"
 But I don't. Most of the time I keep my composure.
Most of the time.

Annoying thing:
Doing homework with noise.
I pour myself a diet pepsi. I sit down to do homework. I hear: washer throwing itself through the closet, dishwasher that sounds like it might blow, sports center, tv of neighbors below us, tv of neighbors across from us, the little sound effects of Angry Birds, my conscience telling me not to look in the back of the book for the answers, and so on and so forth. What I wouldn't give for an hour of silence this week.

Thing I realized:
That all of these things that could literally send me to the crazy house sometimes are the same exact things I know I will look back on fondly someday.
 And definitely the things we will giggle over when telling our children about how we started out. And things we probably won't be sad to leave behind, but we might have a moment or two of longing when we are in the reminiscing type of mood.

Those things.

The things I care about, but won't admit. Not yet anyway.




2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post because I can relate to so much of it! Growing up is kind of scary isn't it? Since when did we get so old, old enough to graduate? I just started my Master's program..I thought I was just a middle schooler?
    I had a midterm yesterday! It went pretty well besides the person sitting a few chairs away who was clicking her pen the whole time! So much for silence when I am trying to take a test!

    Enter my giveaway at:
    http://flyingfarandfree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I'm so with you on the annoying things! My husband and I just moved into a tiny apartment. The dishwasher sounds like someone is getting beat and the sink sounds like an airplane is landing. The washer sounds like someone is breaking in! haha! But isn't it so nice to be with your husband? You two are darling together, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!