Thursday, April 21

Laugh, Think, Cry

Another great day at BYU-Idaho, right?
Ty and I are both loving our classes so far this semester. Although, I think he is ready for a little break from school. That poor man has been working his guts out for-eVa. I think this is the time of year when I can really start to appreciate the little moments that make this life so grand. Since free time is suddenly a precious and rare gem, I am learning to use it wisely. I am also learning to take the time that is not-so-free and turn it into a memory. Like last night for example...
6:00 pm. Estimated dinner time
7:00 pm. Real dinner time. (Serious, it's not me...I think our oven is broken.)
7:30 pm. Homework.
8:30 pm. More homework.
9:30 pm. Ohh, you guessed it. Homework again.
10:00 pm. Going slightly crazy from all the homework. And then getting distracted. And then laughing until my sides hurt because I am married to a funny, funny man. And then remembering this quote from my communications class today:
{tell me you don't just love this to death?}


To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it.
If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day.
You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.
-Jim Valvano

I had that kind of day yesterday. Laugh, think, cry. Profound, isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!