Tuesday, April 19

Shells in our pockets and sand in our shoes

Dear Friends,
I do apologize for the shameless neglect of this blog for the last two weeks. Please don't give up on us. Also, I have a sad confession to make. If you are an avid reader (or a reader at all) I'm afraid that the ol' blog might slow down just a bit. You see, school has started once again and that means a lot of late nights will be spent doing homework and eating junk food. Eeeeee! That makes me kind of excited though. Anyway, today is just a little photo post for you and a sneak peek of the Hansen's first true vacay. Enjoy!

This is what we left behind in Utah. Does that just make you super depressed?
Arizona is a lovely state to drive through with a broken air conditioner.
Don't try it, just believe me.
Vegas, baby!
Ty was not aware of the common knowledge that if you get a picture with Kiss, your tongue must hang out. HelllooooO!
After probably the second longest drive of my life (longest was on the way home, but that's a whole different story) we just had to see the ocean. This is Ty's classic beach pose. Needless to say, we were going a little crazy when we smelt the salty ocean air.
<3
Disneyland is A LOT bigger when you are 8. But equally as fun when you are in your 20s.

I am married to an iron man. I know.

Ya know, just a thirty dollar set of Pirate Mickey ears. That's why we just put them on and take a pic in the store. Isn't that smart of us?
After nearly an hour and a half of waiting in line for Space Mountain, we knew pretty much the life story of the family in front of us. At that point, we figured it would be ok if we asked them to take a pic.

San Diego Temple is b-e-a-u-tiful!
If you hate lines and love Sea World, I have some advice for you. Go on a Tuesday. We were practically the only ones there. No joke. We got up to this rollercoaster, asked if it was even open, and got right on. It was lovely.

Watching this man right here regurgitate a small fish about twenty times was entertaining.

Pretty much wanted to put one of these in my purse and take it home and put it in my bathroom.
And how can you go to Sea World and not see Shamu? And the three back-up Shamus swimming around in the pool behind. We were kind of cracking up about how all killer whales have a claim to fame by sharing the same identity.
That, my friends, is the star of Jay Leno. I know you're jealous.
I let Ty love on Angelina Jolie a little bit...as long as...
I could lay a big fat one right on the cheek of Matthew Mcconaughey.
And, in case our college educations do not prove to be useful, we now have an in at Dunder Mifflin Paper Company.


California Adventure!
This is us after the third (fourth?) time on the Tower of Terror. See Ty in the back right? See me clinging to him for dear life? Yeah, that never wore off on any of the rides that day.

Another fabulous day at Hunnington Beach. Let me tell you something...if it is warm, but not hot, windy, but bearable, and you think you aren't getting a sunburn..you are wrong. For two days we couldn't sleep...now we are peeling like snakes in the summertime. Pretty sure someone in my Brit. Lit. class caught me picking my neck off this morning. That is when you nonchalantly push your hair behind your ear and pretend like nothing happened.


And that is it for our little Hansen vacay. I will spare you of the drive home. I almost {seriously, it was so close} went insane. This girl was not made for 14 hours in a car. Poor Ty. Sometimes I wonder how he puts up with me. What do ya wanna bet that next time that man springs for plane tickets just to avoid my insanity?

1 comment:

  1. Loved seeing pictures from your trip. how fun. cherish those moments you two have together alone.
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!