Tuesday, April 5

Look what can be done in an hour and a half...

Last night I had a choice.
I could either watch this...Or make this.
Nothing against the men in flashy shoes and long socks, (or my husband) but I chose to craft. This project was so easy, I thought I'd share.
That way, next time a basketball game is on, you know that in an hour and a half you could have watched a basketball game...or...you could have a fabulous new kitchen decoration. This can be done in 6 simple steps.
1. You will need:
Mod Podge (I used matte finish, but you can use glossy if you like.)
A magnetic board with wooden frame. (I got mine at Robert's for about $15.)
1 small bottle acrylic paint
approx. 5 sheets of coordinating cardstock
2 foam brushes
2. Tape around the edges of the magnetic portion of the board. Then, paint all sides and insides of wood. I painted the part where I would be putting the card stock as well, just in case there were gaps between the paper.
3. Measure one corner of your wooden board and cut out squares of card stock accordingly.
I used 5 styles of cardstock, and only needed one sheet of each.
4. Use your Mod Podge as glue to tack your cardstock to your wooden frame. Make sure all edges are secured and there are no ripples in the cardstock. If your paper is starting to get ripples in it, smooth out the paper by applying pressure and sliding your fingers across the entire square. Also, stop using so much Mod Podge.
5. Then, Use your Mod Podge to paint over the cardstock. I did this twice, just so everything would be nice and smooth and beautiful. This secures everything and also gives your wooden frame a matte finish.
6. Make some magnets, hang on your wall, and enjoy the blankness of the magnet board before it is filled with all of your mail and calendars and junk.

1 comment:

  1. Next time I will make a craft and you can watch the ball game :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!