Sunday, June 3

our favorite

I hate to admit it, but watching Tyboy trudge through 3 feet of mud with a slimy, dead fish in his hands is kind of, well...attractive.

Something about watching him do his favorite thing in the world just makes a wife happy. He has been working so very hard for our little family and I enjoyed every second fishing with him sitting on our picnic blanket watching him do his thing.

And my favorite? He hates to keep the fish. One, because he knows I don't like to cook them OR have them stinking up our freezer. Two, because he's a compassionate guy like that, just in it for the pleasure of a day spent on the bank

My "prize" from North Dakota was a brand new pink fishing pole. It has a push button and a fancy little grip on the rod, too.I was a trooper and cast it probably 40 times before giving up. (Believe me, that's an improvement from last year.)

...

Something about life's little pleasures. Just makes you happy to slow down a bit and spend some quality time with good ol' Mother Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!